Rising G2 summer series
Content focused on the
Our curated series of 1st grade math lessons is designed for students to complete over any 4 to 6-week summer program.
Add & Subtract Bigger Numbers
23 Lessons | Grade 1 Mission 4
These 1st grade math lessons focus on counting, composing, and decomposing with large enough numbers and are intended to build a strong foundation of flexible strategies for all students to fall back on as they engage with Grade 2 content and beyond.
approach to Summer Series
Zearn’s targeted summer content series for rising 2nd graders is designed based on:
Big ideas of math that help students build dense connections within and across grades.
Data from billions of problems completed on our platform, with insights into precisely where students struggle and the most relevant foundational content.
Embedded math learning acceleration throughout the Zearn program, including friendly onramps and just-in-time support on all grade-level concepts.
- Consistent structure of math learning activities, including new concept exploration with on-screen teachers
- Built-in Tier 1 intervention in all digital lessons
- Embedded daily digital diagnostic in every lesson
- Detailed reporting for each student
- Flexibility to share reports with teachers or tutors
- Problem solving activities for teachers or tutors
(in Spanish, too!)
- Guidance to facilitate lively math discussions where students explore different ways to solve problems
- Individual logins for all students and teachers or tutors (create a free account now to access!)
- Access to Zearn Help Center with 250+ help topics
Digital math lessons follow the scope and sequence of Eureka Math/EngageNY. They include fluency, concept development, and independent practice. Zearn Math's digital lessons received a top-rating from EdReports.org and are aligned to state standards.
As a nonprofit, our instructional materials are free for families and kids. Our Parent/Caregiver supports offer the information you need to create an account for yourself and your child, help your child log in to their account, and orient them to Zearn Math Digital Lessons, so they can begin learning with Zearn Math at home.
Each digital lesson takes about 30 minutes to complete. Kids work through each component at their own pace. After completing one lesson, they automatically go on to the next lesson.
ESSA-qualifying efficacy studies conducted over the past two years show students who consistently use Zearn digital lessons experience 2x the learning gains compared to students who did not use Zearn. Zearn meets the criteria for “evidence-based” as defined by the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA), qualifying Zearn for Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief (ESSER) and School Improvement funding.