Add & Subtract Big Numbers
20 Lessons | Grade 2 Mission 5
These 2nd grade math lessons focus on the capstone content of K–2: a deep understanding of the base ten system and flexibly being able to add and subtract. Students will work with numbers up to 1,000 and increase the focus on efficiency and checking their work.
approach to Summer Series
Zearn’s targeted summer math content series for rising 2nd graders is designed based on:
Big ideas of math that help students build dnse connections within and across grades.
Data from 9.9+ Bn problems completed on our platform, with insights into precisely where students struggle and the most relevant foundational content.
Embedded learning math acceleration throughout the Zearn program, including friendly onramps and just-in-time support on all grade-level concepts.
- Consistent structure of math learning activities, including new concept exploration with on-screen teachers
- Built-in Tier 1 intervention in all digital lessons
- Embedded daily digital diagnostic in every lesson
- Detailed reporting for each student
- Flexibility to share reports with teachers or tutors
- Problem solving activities for teachers or tutors
(in Spanish, too!)
- Guidance to facilitate lively math discussions where students explore different ways to solve problems
- Individual logins for all students and teachers or tutors (create a free account now to access!)
- Access to Zearn Help Center with 250+ help topics
Digital math lessons follow the scope and sequence of Eureka Math/EngageNY. They include fluency, concept development, and independent practice. Zearn Math's digital lessons received a top-rating from EdReports.org and are aligned to state standards.
As a nonprofit, our instructional materials are free for families and kids. Our Parent/Caregiver supports offer the information you need to create an account for yourself and your child, help your child log in to their account, and orient them to Zearn Math Digital Lessons, so they can begin learning with Zearn Math at home.
Each digital lesson takes about 30 minutes to complete. Kids work through each component at their own pace. After completing one lesson, they automatically go on to the next lesson.
Compelling new evidence from studies of 2021 state assessments shows that Zearn can stem learning loss. Students who consistently completed 3 or more Zearn digital lessons per week not only scored higher on 2021 state assessments, but were also more likely to improve their scores from 2019. Our materials qualify for newly released Federal ESSER funding.